Monday, July 10, 2017

EOTD: Day-to-night gold!

For the last couple of years, I have had a love affair with gold, orange, cranberry and copper eyeshadow. When I was younger, these were the eyeshadows that I - and all the other girls who were just starting out with make-up - feared.
Red shades can make you look very sick very easily, so it goes without saying that plenty of us looked as if we had a bad case of hayfever some days, hah!

Today I'll show you one of my favourite (easy) day-to-night looks. Let's go!


The first look I'm starting off with is pretty simple to achieve. A light brown eyeshadow in my crease and a little bit of a darker brown in the outer corner.
Once that is blended out, I pick the colour that I would like to apply on my eyelid. This eyeshadow colour is a gold/copper-y look. It shows up like more of a gold colour on camera, but it's more of a copper in real life.

With red shades, I always use black liquid eyeliner (most of the time top eyeliner as well as bottom eyeliner) because this will neutralize the red shades. If you're trying looks with brick reds or very vibrant shades of pink, I'd also recommend lots and lots of blending!


To turn this look into a 'night'/party look, I did a couple of things.
The first thing I did was use a darker shade of brown eyeshadow in my crease and blend this out. To accentuate the outer corner, I applied some black eyeshadow and blended this out carefully. I also re-applied my eyeliner and made the wing a tiny bit longer for a more dramatic effect.


For this look, I used my Flawless palette by Make-up Revolution, which is definitely one of my favourites right now! You can read an in depth review by clicking the link here.


Thanks for visiting again today! Go to my Instagram or Facebook page for more updates.
Have a nice day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!