Thursday, June 23, 2016

Travel Diary: Forum Romanum


Good morning everyone! Thanks for tuning in again today! 
Let me take you on a short trip. Today, I'll be showing you one of my favourite places in Rome: Forum Romanum.


Forum Romanum used to be the buzzing center of ancient Rome. It's filled with ruins these days and even though the buildings aren't intact anymore, they are very impressive.
The picture below is a picture of what the old city center looks like from a 'bird's perspective'. I actually didn't realise how much ruins there were until I shot this picture.

 

I can't help but wonder what this must have looked like in the past?
Sometimes I really wish time travelling was a thing. It's so breathtaking now, I can't imagine what it was like back then.

Let the pictures blow your mind!


You can easily spend a whole day exploring Forum Romanum. We spent the whole morning, and after that we went to the Colosseum.
You literally just have to cross the street to get to the Colosseum, so that's quite nice.


This place is for sure in my top three of favourite places to see in Rome.
Have you ever been there? What are your favourite places in Rome (if you've been there)? Or where would you like to go?


Thanks for reading! 


For more:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!