Wednesday, January 6, 2016

2015: A look back!

The new year has started and even though I try not to live in the past, I think looking back on life is necessary and sometimes it can even be pleasant.
Have you looked back on your year? Have you fulfilled your wishes and dreams of last year? Have you changed for the better? Are you one step closer to what you want in life?
2015 was a year full of change and chances for me as well. I'd like to take you on a trip down memory lane with me!

The first half of 2015 started with a new relationship for me. It didn't last though, which is okay. Hearts get broken and I spent the following months working on myself, which is something that I try to do a lot and it can only make me a better person.
Not only did I change mentally, I also changed physically. I got my nose pierced, for starters, but I also got inked. Twice.
One of the tattoos was in honour of my dad, and one was to encourage myself. I don't plan on getting more though! 


As you know, I'm a big fan of changing appearance so I changed my blonde hair to an ombre do. After that, I cut off the last few blond pieces and got a bob.
Later, I cut it even shorter and also dyed it red. It still is dark red today.

 

One of the things that I'm probably most proud of is the fact that I learned how to speak sign language this year. I met a lot of deaf people and they have - very patiently - taught me how I can communicate with them through gestures. I've always wanted to know how to do that but honestly I just never did it. Until now. I'm still not an expert, but I can understand them and they can understand me, so, that's nice!

Of course I also got to travel! I promise myself every single year that I'm going to travel more, but I never really do. This year was the first time travelling on my own. I went to Barcelona with two of my friends from college and we stayed there for 5 days. We have seen and experienced some extraordinary things and I am so happy to have had the chance to go there! I also lost quite a bit of weight around that time, which I am very proud of as well!


Aside from all that, I have also been teaching this year! I actually get to tell kids history stories or make them do English exercises, which is a great thing! It's really weird being a teacher ànd a student at thesame time, and even though it's quite stressfull, I also think it's a lot of fun!

I've also been trying to improve the blog. 2015 was a year where - honestly - I struggled to keep the blog updated every once in a while. Sometimes I just want to participate in so many things that it's just too much and sometimes, I have learned, that I just focus on my priorities first.
I have been trying to spend more time on my blog, write more, write better and I also got a new camera! I got a Nikon D3300. After years and years of dreaming about a professional camera, I finally invested in it and I couldn't be happier!

The last change made in 2015 is the decision to move to another place! I would tell you something about it already, but I have a seperate post coming up, so that will be up soon.

Which changes are you going to make in 2016?

I'm going to invest more time in my blog, as well as school. I don't want to fail any of my exams this year. I'm going to plan more and better, and worry less. My decision of last year to travel more is something that I still want to do this year.
As a matter of fact, I have three days in Stockholm and one week in Rome coming up!

Thanks for reading! Don't hesitate to share your new resolutions in the comment box below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!