Friday, August 21, 2015

Bookreview: Elite

Goodmorning everyone!
It has taken me a while to pick up a book again, but recently I've been reading a lot more than I have in the passed months. I've been so busy that it felt a bit weird to just lay down all day to read, but I've gotten used to it again, haha!

I recently finished reading "The Elite", which is the second book in Kiera Cass' series called "The Selection". You can read my bookreview on the first book in this series by clicking here.



America found herself in a contest called "The Selection". She's competing with a bunch of other girls to win Prince Maxon's heart and become the next Queen. This contest really means a lot, because America grew up rather poor and this contest could change her whole life - and her whole family's life. It could help all of them to escape the conditions that they live in and America is struggling - does she really want this or not? Because if she wins, it'll be for life.

Even though she wasn't really in it to win it at first, she is now amongst the six last girls.  In this book, America still hasn't decided if this is what she wants. Should she trust Maxon? What about her boyfriend at home? What if she wins, and what if she doesn't?
Aside from that, the political situation hasn't been too steady either, which makes everything much more difficult.
America is much more different than all of the other girls and sometimes it is an advantage, but sometimes it's a really big disadvantage...

I enjoyed reading this book a lot! Some of my friends were kind of laughing at me because they thought I was reading a book about princesses - and I must admit that it looks like I am - but if you can read between the lines, it's about so much more!
I'm very excited to see what happens in the next book. I'm for sure rooting for America!

Thanks for reading!
Have you been reading any books that you'd like to recommend? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!