Thursday, January 22, 2015

"The Selection" by Kiera Cass bookreview ♥

It's been a while since I've done a bookreview. Every year I challenge myself to read as much as I can but last year I had a bad year and I didn't read a lot at all. 
I did collect quite a few new books! This year, I decided I'd start my year with this beautiful book.

The book that I read is called "The Selection", it's a young adult book by Kiera Cass and it's the first part in a trilogy.


This book kind of reminds me of reality tv in which people try to find a lover. The prince in this book has come of age and is now looking for a princess, so all the girls that are the right age are invited to participate in this contest to become his girlfriend.

America Singer is one of those girls. She doesn't want to go, but she needs the money and she promised her parents she would participate. They don't know she already has a boyfriend but a few days before she leaves he breaks up with her, so she decides to just go and make the best of it.


The prince and the public seem to like her from the very first minute and of course that means some of the girls see her as competition and want her out as fast as possible.
I really like the way this book is written, it really sucks me in and that's what I like in a book. It's a bit of a chick flick but I love a chick flick every once in a while!


I would really recommend this book if you're into Young Adults. I am and I love this book! I will for sure read the second and third book!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!