Monday, December 15, 2014

Stunned.

 

I am stunned. Absolutely stunned.
I really surprised myself! About 10 days ago, a friend of mine asked if I didn't want to run 6km with her.
I said "yeah sure" (trying to be sarcastic) but she took it seriously and she seemed so happy - I really couldn't get out of it anymore. I'd feel so crappy breaking her heart. I always say that you shouldn't make promises unless you can keep them.
So I had to keep my promise. And I did. Last Friday night, with only 7 days of practice, I ran 6km. I'm still absolutely shocked!

About 5000 people participated!
Sure, I wasn't the fastest runner, but hey, I did it!
I'm still doing better than everyone else on the couch, right? That's what counts. And it was for "Think Pink" as well, which is an organisation again breast cancer, which makes me feel even better about running the 6km.
I might even do it again (but with more practice).
I know a lot of runners don't think it's a big deal, but everyone has to start somewhere. I started here, with 6km. And I'm absolutely stunned.


Have you ever done something you thought you'd never do?


The first and last picture are from Tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!