Saturday, August 23, 2014

Lifestyle: how to keep track of your spending ♥


In a little while I'm going to be moving out of my parents house, which is very exciting but also very scary.
Of course now I have to take care of my business. One of the things that I'm going to have to deal with is money and how to keep track of what I'm spending.
I used to save all my money and just allow myself to spend €10/week, but that was a while ago and I'm pretty sure that's not how things work in "the real world".


I thought there might be other people out there who are struggling with this or who are trying to find a way to keep track and don't spend too much, so I decided I'd put it on the blog.

I figured out a way to keep track, it's really simple.
I made an example on paper, but if you want to be friendly to the environment (or if you just prefer working on a computer), you can go ahead and make this in Excel as well!

So what I do is I make a list of the money that I earn and the money that I spend. You can do this on a weekly or a monthly basis, depending on how you like it.
Each week or month, you can review the list. I always review the money that goes out and if I feel like I spent too much, I check where it went (I do like to think of how much I want to spend so that I don't cross that line too much).


For example, that way I can limit the budget for snacks or luxury things like make-up (if I think too much money is spent on that).
I do sometimes allow myself to get a little treat, but I think everyone needs that to stay motivated :) !

I hope these tips helped you!

Thanks for reading and have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Its indeed sad to know that you are moving out from your parent's home. In my country we dont have such type of thing - thou ! Best wishes for your new beginning ... .... am sure you going to do good & everything shall be good too.
    Lovely post!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!