Thursday, January 16, 2014

A sneak peek inside my beauty closet: single eyeshadows

Hi guys! I'm continuing my sneak peek series even in 2014! Today I'm going to take about my single eyeshadows. I don't have many single eyeshadows, just because I love palettes more, but over the years I've gotten a few and I thought I'd show you.

The first brand that I own some single eyeshadows from is Essence. Just like their palettes, most of their single eyeshadows are cheap and good quality. I also got a few as a gift from a friend.

Essence duo eyeshadows in "Irresistible Chocolates" (left) and "Vanilla Latté"
These eyeshadow duo's are my favourite items of the brand. They're well pigmented and it's so easy to do a quick daily look with these two eyeshadows. I use the brown colours on my lid and the white/gold as highlighters.

These next three eyeshadows were gifts. I have two highlighters that are absolutely beautiful (I don't use them often enough!) and one brown that is gorgeous as well. Sometimes I'll use it for a look to wear to work and sometimes I'll even go out with that colour applied on my eyes. It's insanely pigmented!
"Dance all night"
"Blockbuster"
"Metropolitan"

Last year I got this pink eyeshadow from the Fantasia collection. I have phases in which I use this colour. Sometimes I love it and I want to wear nothing else, sometimes I don't touch it at all.

"Have you seen my unicorn"
And then I have three other eyeshadows left. The one on top is from the Marble Mania collection, it's called "Swirl it, baby", I use this one in combination with my pink Fantasia eyeshadow. I also have a metallic brown/olive green kind of shade (on the left) that reminds me a lot of MAC's Woodwinked. Maybe I'll compare them in a post one of these days! Anyways, it's called "Party all night". The basic brown colour on the right is called "get ready!"

 

I have tried many many Yves Rocher products and only very little products pleased me. The first time I tried the eyeshadows I wasn't too impressed and even though I think they could have been a little bit more pigmented, I think they are beautiful. It's funny, seeing all these eyeshadows right now, I realize how much I have and how much I want to use all of these products more!


My NYC "Basic Instinct" is a very beautiful light yellow/white-ish shade with a little bit of shimmer. I use it as a highlighter. As a matter of fact, I've been using it for months in a row now and I'm still not tired of it.


Let's move on! Onto my two most expensive single eyeshadows ever. I wouldn't have gotten them in single size if they were still available in palette form, but they weren't. Aside from the higher price, the packaging doesn't really matter.
I've been afraid to use these colours for a while because I didn't want to hit pan. Recently I told myself to snap out of it (I mean, it costs enough money, why don't I use it?! I can always get a new one) and I started using the colours again.
There are some budget toppers out there and I will credit the brands for it, but MAC never EVER disappoints me. I can't wait to add more products to my MAC stash. But first, I have to save up lots of money!

"Woodwinked"
"Texture"
Talking about budget toppers, here are a couple of budget toppers! All by Catrice, all amazing.
The first eyeshadows are wet and dry eyeshadows. I didn't purchase them for a long time because I thought they were pricey for a budget brand but they surprised me in a good way! I still use them often!

"Lunch at Tiffany's" (left) and "Please gold the line!" (right)
The liquid metal babies are quite stunning as well. They do really look like liquid metal. Crazy pigmented! You do get a little bit of fall out but nearly every brand will give you that. If you want to try something by Catrice, I'd say: "Grab this!". I'm addicted! 
Next time you see them, swatch them and see for yourself, you'll be blown away!


Thanks for reading! Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!