Thursday, November 21, 2013

Favourite books and recommendations!

I haven't written about books in quite a while! Today I thought it would be fun to show you the books that I've loved and would recommend! I know not all of you are readers and not all of you like books, that's okay! This post is especially for the people who do like to read!
Good. Are you ready for my favourite books?

1. Any Stephen King book
When I read Stephen King books, I have to read them during the day, reading stories this creepy (but let's face it: genious) is not something for when it's dark or for when I'm home alone. But there's one thing we all agree on: Mr. King is really a king when it comes to thrillers.


2. Divergent Trilogy
I haven't enjoyed a series in a really long time (exept for Harry Potter) and this series! This is a trilogy by Veronica Roth, it's a dystopian story. I honestly enjoyed reading these books so much! The third one, "Allegiant", has been released a little while ago. I can't wait to pick it up and read it! I can't even describe how much I enjoyed it.



3. J.K. Rowling
Everyone knows how much I love J.K. Rowling. Not just the Harry Potter series, but her newest book "A Casual Vacancy" as well! It couldn't be more different than Harry Potter but this shows that J.K.
Rowling is an amazing author.
 

 
4. The boy in the striped pyjamas
Nearly everyone knows the boy in the striped pyjamas. If it isn't because of the book, it is because of the movie. What can I say, both the book and the movie were really good. I love books and I love war stories so that made me excited to read the book already. It is written so well and explained so well, and even though the two main characters in the books are kids, I didn't feel like it was written in a childish way. It was so fasciating!



1. The dog who spoke with gods
One of my first "big" books I read when I was a kid was this one: "The dog who spoke with gods" by Diane Jessup. My mom read it and let me read it. It broke my heart. This book is about a dog in a kennel and a girl who's studying to become a surgeon, like her dad and granddad. The only problem is, she'll have to test on dogs and that scares her. It isn't right. One day she goes to visit the dogs who are captured and being tested on, when she finds this dog that she has a connection with. She breaks about any rule in the book in order to keep the dog alive and to remain friends. I can't explain it, you just have to READ it. It for sure is a big book but don't let that scare you. The story is truely amazing and inspiring - and it also gives a few different views on animal testing.

I honestly cried my eyes out while I was coming towards the end of this book. I have so many positive things to say about it. This is a book that you should read, even if you don't like reading! I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!




That's it! My favourite books! Don't forget to let me know what your favourite books are or if you have different opinions on the books I showed today. I do have many more favourite books so maybe I should make a sequal? Let me know!
Don't forget to check these books out, by the way! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting books!!!

    http://foxonheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love number four, it was a great movie.
    Want to follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin, FB or Twitter? Love
    New Post Fashion Talks

    ReplyDelete

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!