Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My view on the "tangle teaser"!

Sometimes there are trends that knock you off your feet. People are all over the place about it, bloggers are always writing about it and it seems like you're the only one who hasn't got it. Sometimes I don't think a product is worth the hype, sometimes I think it is.
These last few months I have been feeling a little bit overwelmed by the "Tangle Teaser". This is a brush made out of plastic, and they say it's good because it damaged your hair less.
I have very sensitive hair that gets damaged easily, so after doubting I decided to go ahead and give it a shot! I asked my hairdresser for a tangle teaser, went straight home and tried it! You can read about my opinion right now! 


So this is what mine looks like. It has a handle, which not all of the tangle teasers do but I find it easier to work with. I actually went to two places and the first one asked €17 for a teeny tiny one, the second one asked €12 for this larger one so that's the one I got. I do think that €12 is still quite a lot of money for a simple piece of plastic but okay.


That day I got my hair cut and put into model. The pictures below are from the day after - I woke up, didn't do anything about my hair and then tried 'tangle teasing' one side.


This is what it looks like! I think it's pretty obvious which side is good and which side is the side that still hasn't been combed through, right? It went so smooth and fluently! I love it!
The thing is that now that my hair isn't being perfectly styled and dried at the salon, I find that it's a little bit harder to get trough! Especially the ends of my hair are hard to get right.
I can brush them and it looks good, but I feel like the tangles aren't all out. So I use my tangle teaser for everything exept the bottom, where most of the tangles normally are. If you do dry your hair all the time, you will get through more easily, but I try not to use a lot of heat on my hair (same reason: damaging).


Overall I'm quite happy with this product - as you can see in the pictures it did it's job well and if it will damage my hair less, that's even more perfect. I do think that the price is a little bit too high, I mean €12 for a silly piece of plastic? 
If I didn't "need" it, I don't think I would buy it, but I don't regret getting it. I would especially recommend this to the damaged hair ladies out there that need some extra care and softness for their hair- just like me!


Thanks for reading! Have a good day and stay safe!

3 comments:

  1. I love my tangle teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't use one yet.... i don't have enough hair I think ... :)

    ReplyDelete

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!