Friday, September 13, 2013

MAC lipstick in "Russian Red"


Back in the days, when I was learning how to do my makeup from youtube tutorials, I saw nothing else than MAC in the videos. I thought that it must be a really good brand if every single guru used it. Especially the lipsticks fascinated me.
I have waited a long time, but last month I finally made my way to the MAC store and got my own MAC lipstick. The colour I got is "Russian Red", which is my description of "the perfect red".


The MAC lipsticks come in very simple yet classy packaging. It's a black tube, with a few glitters. I was actually surprised to see the tube had glitters, because on videos you just see the black part. The lipstick itself doesn't have any glitters in it, I don't like that very much. I'm more of a matt lipstick kind of girl.

 

And this is what the lipstick looks like. It's insanely pigmented and quite creamy - which makes it easy to apply and it doesn't dry out your lips. It also lasts longer than any of the lipsticks that I own at the moment, which is really nice. I guess all the reviews aren't overdone after all!


Me (on the left) wearing "Russian Red" on my lips. Ah, stunning, isn't it?!

4 comments:

  1. I have it and I love it too, I agree with your review! Lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a cult favorite for a reason....its absolutley stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of the most fabolous mac lipstick...love it
    xoxo
    happy week end

    FOLLOW ME ON:
    The simple life of rich people blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to buy Russian Red and in Antwerpen they didnt had it. I bought Ruby Woo shade and I adore it!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!