Saturday, August 17, 2013

E.L.F. lipstick review

A lipstick as red as a cherry. What pin-up girl lover wouldn't like that?! Years and years, since the start of my pin-up, vintage ànd makeup obsession, I have been looking for "the perfect red". A few weeks ago I saw this baby online and I decided to order it! What am I talking about? I'm talking about "Cheerful Cherry", a lipstick by E.L.F. cosmetics!


First things first: the packaging! I'm probably not the only one who tends to "like the product more" when the packaging is cute. I don't know, cute packaging is just a way to trick me into buying the product! Ah, marketing tricks! I know what you are, I just can't resist you! 

This lipstick comes in a matt black tube, which I love. I don't know why, but I have this thing with matt packaging. I like it with lipsticks and I love it when my foundation has matt glass. I just think it looks fancy. Aside from the brand name "eyes lips face" there are no other details, no patterns or anything. I don't think that's needed either.


Here's what I saw when I first opened the tube and rolled out the lipstick. As you can see, a beautiful red appeared! Love-ly! I don't think it looks like a cherry, because it's not very deep red, but that's okay! It has more of an orange undertone to it, I think.


Swatch! Even though this is a very cheap product, the pigmentation isn't crappy! Don't you just love it when that happens? I know I do!


And this is how it looks on my lips! Even though it's a matt lipstick, it looks a little bit shiny on my lips. I'm not bothered by that, I think my lips look very moisturized and healthy this way. 
The lipstick glides on, it's quite creamy which makes it smooth and oh so easy to use. Without eating, this lipstick lasts me quite long but after eating lunch I did have to touch up a little.


That's it! Conclusion? I love this lipstick! Budget but good quality. Nice to use, lovely packaging. Yeah, I'm quite happy with this lipstick! More to come...?
Thanks for reading! Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!