Saturday, November 3, 2012

Looking for the perfect gel eyeliner : #1

Hello everyone!
Ever since I ran out of my favourite liquid eyeliner (by Miss Sporty in "Extra Black") I've been looking for a good other eyeliner. I decided to go for a gel eyeliner this time just because I haven't really tried that before (I tried one for two days and then went back to liquid liner because I didn't like the gel liner I was using at the moment).
I got an Essence gel eyeliner in "Midnight in Paris", but I haven't opened it yet, and I also got a super cheap one by MAX, which is a drugstore brand that sells all their makeup at really low prices. Of course you can't compare the brand to MAC or Urban Decay, but this brand is affortable for everyone and the quality isn't even that bad. I used to get my makeup somewhere else but last summer I tried a red lipstick from this brand and I loved it. I thought, why not try their gel eyeliner, it might be good!
Like every other gel eyeliner, this came in a little jar. What I liked was that there was actually an eyeliner brush included. I remember buying my Essence gel liner, there wasn't a brush and I forgot to get one. I did already have one but I used that for my brows. So yeah, it was a bit annoying!

This is how it looks on the inside. The gel eyeliner is very creamy.
The name of the gel eyeliner is "Pure Black"
The brush that I got when I bought this! Great brush, makes it very easy to apply! It's so tiny, you can apply the eyeliner very precisely!
Now I also took some pictures of the eyeliner while I was applying it and right after I applied it because I know sometimes people still have doubts after reading my reviews.
As you can see I just did basic winged eyeliner on my eyes. I love winged eyeliner. I didn't expect it, but the gel eyeliner was more black than I had thought. After all when you read reviews about gel eyeliner, often you see that it is more grey than black.
This one, I think, looks pretty black (good pigmentation, really) so I'm happy with that. It's creamy so applying goes very well and fast.

As you can see the sun was shining when I took this picture, that's why the colour of this eyeliner might not look that black.

I think applying it went very smooth and it stayed on for the rest of the day. So basically it did everything I needed it to do.
I hate it when people judge before trying a product just because the product is cheap. Sometimes, you can find really great products. So yeah, in my opinioin, this is a great gel eyeliner and I will continue to use it.

If you have a good gel eyeliner that you'd like to recommend me, please leave it in a comment below!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful liner !
    I answer you on my blog !
    Keep cool

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Keep it classy ♥ Thanks for reading!